Monday, February 7, 2011

A Busy Week!

     I started to take over classes during my internship this week and it was interesting to say the least.  My wife has been very supportive with my heavy workload, she helps me in any way she can!  In my short time at this high school I have learned a lot.  I have dealt with classroom behavior issues, final exams, final grades, class introductions for the new semester, and tons of other things.  My supervising teacher is great!  She has over 20 years of experience and is a dedicated historian.  The amount of information she gives her students is astounding.  I only hope I can prepare her AP students for the exam as well as she does.

     Some students in my class are AVID students.  I wasn't familiar with this program before my internship and my Urban education class.  I really feel this program can make a difference to students who may not have this opportunity otherwise.  I look forward to seeing my students succeed and to learning everything I can about teaching this semester.  I am excited to finish my last semester and I am ready to start teaching in my own classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment